The Beas Kund is considered as a holy lake. It is located in Kullu valley and is the original source of river Beas. According to mythology, it is said that Rishi Vyas used to take his bath in this lake. Beas Kund is at an altitude of 3650 meters above sea level. Beas Kund offers a magnificent experience and the journey is filled with several surprises in each turn. The Beas Kund trek is considered to be one of the easiest treks.
Beas Kund Trek
The Beas Kund Trek starts from Manali leads to Dhundi at 3,150 meters via Solang Nallah. The track faces a gradual climb from Solang Nallah. It is approximately 5 – 6 hours. The route from Dhundi is up to Bakarthach. It is at an altitude of 3,300 meters. Bakarthach leads to Beas Kund after a gradual climb over the moraine.
Beas Kund Trekking Tour Highlights
- The track offers several breathtaking sites that are ideal for nature photography
- Witness the spectacular views of Hanuman Tibba, Indrasan and Deo Tibba Peak
- Enjoy the solace at the Manu Temple and Solang Nallah
- An opportunity to see the simple yet fascinating life of the inhabitants of picturesque villages
- Camping amidst the scenic landscape and under the open sky
Best Time to Visit Beas Kund Trek
The best time for Beas Kund Trek is between May and Oct. The weather remains quite clean making the trek easy.
Where is the Beas Kund Trek?
Beas Kund is located in the middle of the Dhauladhar Range in Himachal Pradesh. It is at a distance of 3kms from Bakar Thach.
How to Reach Beas Kund Trek?
- By Air: The nearest airport is at Bhuntar. The nearest international airport is at Chandigarh from Manali.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station in Beas Kund is Joginder Nagar. It is located at a distance of 166 km. The other suitable railway stations are at Chandigarh and Pathankot.
- By Road: It is accessible by road. Regular buses are available between the stations. Such as Haridwar, Shimla, Dharamsala, Delhi, Ambala, Chandigarh, Dehradun, and Chamba/Dalhousie. Regular